Serious crash in Great Bromley leaves six injured - one man in a critical condition
- Credit: Archant
A serious crash in Great Bromley near Colchester has left one man in a critical condition and five more people injured.
Police were called to the scene of a two car collision, involving a Mitsubishi Shogun and a blue Ford B-Max, in Harwich Road at around 1,25pm today, Sunday, August 12.
A spokesman for Essex police said the road would remain closed until 8pm tonight and asked drivers to avoid the area if possible.
Two men in the Mitsubishi, both aged 55 and from London, were airlifted to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge and the Royal London Hospital.
The man taken to Addenbrooke’s is described as being in a critical condition.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the Ford, a 74-year-old man, and three women in the Mitsubishi, aged 49, 53 and 58 from London, were taken to Colchester Hospital.
Police are appealing for witnesses who saw what happened, or the vehicles prior to the collision, to contact Stanway Roads Policing Unit on 101 quoting incident 652 of August 12.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 4 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 5 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 6 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 7 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 8 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 9 Edmundson was schooled by the 'golden generation' and has put his faith in the Ipswich rebuild
- 10 Rise in West Suffolk Covid rate one of the highest in England