Six injured in flat fire
SIX people, including three children, have been taken to hospital following a fire at a block of flats in an Essex seaside town.All nine flats in the three-storey building in Langham Drive, Clacton, were evacuated after a fire was discovered in a stairwell this morning.
By Roddy Ashworth
SIX people, including three children, have been taken to hospital following a fire at a block of flats in an Essex town.
All nine flats in the three-storey building in Langham Drive, Clacton, were evacuated after a fire was discovered in a stairwell this morning.
An Essex Ambulance Service spokesman said 18 people were rescued and those taken to hospital included two adults and three children - aged five, three and 18 months - from the same family.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said five more children were treated at the scene by paramedics and did not require hospital treatment.
A man, thought to be in his 50s, is also being treated in hospital.
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 4 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 5 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 8 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 9 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 10 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
All those in hospital are suffering from breathing difficulties, the spokesman said.
An Essex Fire Service spokesman said the cause of the fire is being investigated.