Six more coronavirus cases confirmed in Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
Six more patients have been diagnosed with coronavirus in Suffolk, bringing the total to 28.
The data, released by the Public Health England today, March 24, show that the number in Suffolk has risen by six, up from 22.
Despite the official daily figures it is widely accepted that there are more unconfirmed cases across the region and the country.
In Essex, the number of confirmed cases has now increased by 13, up to 80.
The total number of cases in the East of England increased by 78, up from 351 to 429.
You may also want to watch:
It is not known who the people are or where they are being treated at this time.
MORE: Follow all of our coronavirus coverage hereThe total number of deaths in the UK rose to 422 today, with the Department of Health and Social Care announcing that 87 people in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have died due to the virus in the past 24 hours.
It has been confirmed that one person who had been diagnosed with coronavirus died at West Suffolk Hospital.
Latest data shows that the number of people with the disease in the UK now stands at 8,077.
- 1 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 4 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 5 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 6 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 7 Crash between two motorbikes
- 8 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 9 Ipswich closing in on Coulson loan signing
- 10 New-look Cobbold Stand finished - and what a difference it makes!
One person has sadly died in Essex while receiving treatment at Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford.