Six vehicles collide on A14
EMERGENCY services are currently on scene at a collision which has involved up to six vehicles on the A14.
EMERGENCY services are currently on scene at a collision which has involved six vehicles on the A14.
Suffolk police received a call at 6.33am this morning, after reports of a collision on the A14 between junctions 37 at Exning and junction 38.
The incident started after a white Iveco lorry broke down on the busy stretch of road, causing two cars to swerve and plough into the central reservation.
Further vehicles then attempted to swerve to avoid the collision.
Other cars involved in the incident included a green BMW 320, a silver Vauxhall Signum, a Ford Transit Van, blue Ford Focus, and a Saturn.
The accident has caused one lane to remain blocked, however police are currently working to recover the cars involved.
- 1 Crews battle huge 15-acre fire in mid Suffolk village
- 2 Residents help firefighters tackle huge blaze near homes
- 3 10-acre field fire breaks out in south Suffolk village
- 4 A14 in west Suffolk closes overnight after serious multi-vehicle crash
- 5 Drought declared in Suffolk as temperatures set to soar this weekend
- 6 Ex-Town striker joins League One rival
- 7 Travellers pitch up at popular park in east Suffolk town
- 8 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 9 Complaints of 'terrible smell' coming from Melton animal crematorium
- 10 Mum's warning after children almost stung by jellyfish
The East of England Ambulance Service was also called to the scene - however no one hurt.