Expect delays on A12 and A14 as police escort giant Sizewell B digger
- Credit: CARL HUMPHREY
Drivers on the A12 and A14 should expect delays as police help escort a huge excavator from Sizewell B to Ipswich today.
The mammoth load was leaving the nuclear power station this morning before heading to the Hadleigh Road Industrial Estate in Ipswich.
Drivers have been warned by police to expect delays as the 30-metre long, five metres high load makes its way along the county's major roads.
The route is as follows:
Sizewell B - Local Roads - Lover's Lane in Leiston - B1122 - A12 - A14 - A1214 - Local Roads to Hadleigh Industrial Estate.
You may also want to watch:
Police will cease escorting the load from the A12 at Marlesford.
- 1 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 2 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 6 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 7 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 10 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move