Sizewell: Fire crews free unconscious person from ‘deep pit’ at power plant
- Credit: citizenside.com
Firefighters have rescued a person from a “deep pit” at Sizewell A power station near Leiston.
Crews from Leiston, Felixstowe, Lowestoft, Beccles and Woodbridge were called to the station, which has been closed since December 2006, at about 12.55pm, to reports of a person having fallen into a deep pit.
They arrived on scene to find the person unconscious but were able to lift them to safety and leave them in care of the ambulance service.
Sizewell A is currently coming to the end of the defuelling process before being decommissioned.
A spokesman for site operator Magnox said: “The air ambulance was called to the Sizewell A site following an industrial accident. The nature of the accident and the extent of the individual’s injuries is still being assessed.
You may also want to watch:
“No radioactive materials were involved in the accident. A full investigation into the event will be undertaken.”
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 3 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 4 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 5 Woman's body found in village home
- 6 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 7 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 8 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 9 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 10 'It's been a strange few days' - Skuse gives emotional exit interview