Sizewell: Mystery over wax on beach
SUFFOLK: Mystery surrounds the appearance of large quantities of what is believed to be candle wax on a Suffolk beach.
We have been contacted by a number of puzzled walkers who have recently visited the coastline at Sizewell.
Large pieces of what is thought to be wax have been found on the beach – stretching all the way to Thorpeness.
It is not yet known how it got there but council officials have been investigating.
One reader, who did not wish to be named, said: “I took the dog for a walk to Sizewell Beach on Sunday and noticed lots of white coloured nodules at the high tide mark – some as big as house bricks. They were all way down to Thorpeness.
You may also want to watch:
“The dog ate a big chunk. We later found out it was solidified paraffin – candle – wax. The dog was violently sick and couldn’t eat for 24 hours.”
Last night a spokesman for Suffolk Coastal District Council said they were aware of the issue and had sent a team to investigate.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 4 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 5 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 6 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 7 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 8 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 9 Town set to learn Carabao Cup and Papa John's Trophy opponents
- 10 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager