Nostalgia: It’s Throwback Thursday and we feature the winter of 1983
- Credit: Archant
It’s unusual not to have at least a brief covering of snow in February, and back in 1983 there was enough to bring out the sledges.
The hill on Ipswich's Christchurch Park was the focal point for sledders with fun for all ages on the slope.
Elsewhere around the town, Westbourne School welcomed a special visitor as Terry Butcher handed out certificates to students as they got the chance to meet one of their Ipswich Town heroes.
Runners endured bitterly cold conditions at Landseer Park as they set off on a cross country race, dealing with a variety of different terrain along the way.
The pancake races kicked off once again in the town centre as we see runners set off from the start line with one unfortunate person dropping their pancake from the beginning.
You may also want to watch:
Do you recognise anyone in our gallery or remember these events? To share your memories, email email@example.com
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 6 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe car park
- 7 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 8 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm