Sleigh? No way, as Santa takes lifeboat into Clacton
- Credit: Archant
Santa ditched his sleigh to sail into Clacton on the town’s lifeboat yesterday.
More than 500 youngsters and their parents turned out to see Father Christmas as he arrived on the town’s RNLI Atlantic 85 lifeboat.
Santa delivered presents to youngsters during the free event at the lifeboat station in Martello Bay.
Steven Cole, chairman of Clacton RNLI’s fundraising group, said: “Despite the wet weather we had a great turnout, almost as many as last year’s record number.
“There was a big crowd along the seafront to watch Santa as he arrived on the lifeboat.
You may also want to watch:
“He was met by the RNLI’s mascot Stormy Stan before handing presents out to youngsters.
“We do this as a thank you to everyone in the town for supporting the volunteer crew throughout the year and it is wonderful to see all the children enjoy the day.”
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 3 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?