Slimmer 'feels like a million dollars'
FOR 63-year-old Patricia Smith, losing four stone in nine months has left her feeling “like a million dollars”.And at an age when most people would be thinking about retirement, she has enough energy to hold down two jobs.
FOR 63-year-old Patricia Smith, losing four stone in nine months has left her feeling “like a million dollars”.
And at an age when most people would be thinking about retirement, she has enough energy to hold down two jobs.
Mrs Smith, of Furness Close, Ipswich, works fulltime at Kerseys Solicitors in the town and then at weekends as a massage and sports therapist, reflexologist and aromatherapist at the Belstead Brook Hotel - plus offering the treatments at home in the evening.
She has gone from weighing just over 14 stone to 10 stone - dropping from a size 18-20 to a size eight-10 - since starting the Slimming World diet and classes.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I feel absolutely brilliant. I feel 20 years younger. I've always had a lot of energy but now I have the energy of someone half my age.”
She is now appearing in Slimming World's national magazine after telling her story in a bid to give hope to people of a similar age.
- 1 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 2 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 3 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 4 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 5 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 6 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 7 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 8 Crash between two motorbikes
- 9 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 10 Ipswich closing in on Coulson loan signing
And the woman who was crowned Miss Bracklesham Bay more than 30 years ago has already thought of her next challenge - learning to scuba dive. She has already tried parachuting.
Mrs Smith, who also goes to Ipswich's Gymophobics three times a week in her lunch hour, said: “You always hear about people in their 20s or 30s who have lost weight but I am 63 and easily managed to lose four stone in nine months.
“I feel like a million dollars and know I now look a lot younger than I used to.”
n Mrs Smith goes to Slimming World classes run by Liz Torrie in Ipswich. They are held at the Chantry Clinic in Hawthorn Drive on Wednesdays at 6.30pm, at Pals at 1-7 Old Cattlemarket, The Buttermarket, on Thursdays at 10am and at The Conservative Club at 199 Clapgate Lane on Thursdays at 7pm.
Call 01473 728380, mobile 07946 767789, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.