Car rolls onto its side in crash near Lidl
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A Smart car rolled onto its side in a terrifying crash which left a woman trapped inside.
The crash involving a Smart Forfour and a Ford Transit van happened around 3.40pm Tuesday, August 13 outside the Lidl supermarket in Bury Road, Stowmarket.
The driver of the car was left trapped inside her vehicle after it rolled onto the driver's side, prompting ambulance crews to call for help from the fire service.
Four fire engines were dispatched to the scene, with crews rolling the car back upright.
Neither the driver of the Transit van or Smart car are said to have suffered serious injuries.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: "We were called just before 3.40pm to reports of a two vehicle road traffic collision outside the Lidl supermarket in Bury Road.
"One vehicle had rolled onto the driver's side, but the woman trapped inside is not believed to have suffered serious injuries.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 4 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 7 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 8 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 9 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 10 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
"Officers remain on scene."