Smock Pub update: Man charged with manslaughter
A 44-year-old-man has been charged with manslaughter following the death of a man in Ipswich on April 17.
Paul Dell, of Neath Drive, Ipswich, was re-arrested yesterday and taken into custody at Ipswich police station where he was charged.
He is being remanded in custody pending an appearance at South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court on Saturday.
Police were called to The Smock Pub, in Maidenhall Approach, in the early hours of April 17 to reports of a fight.
Officers found 20-year-old Simon Cowles at the scene with a serious head injury.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to Ipswich Hospital but then transferred to Addenbrook’s Hospital where he later died.
A 35-year-old man from Ipswich has had his bail cancelled and will face no further police action in relation to the incident.
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 3 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 4 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 5 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 6 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 7 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 8 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 9 Another former Town player completes Colchester move
- 10 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich