Man charged in connection with church burglary
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged in connection with a burglary at a church in Snape.
A number of lawn mowers were taken in the break-in at St John the Baptist Church in Farnham Road some time between 4.40pm on Wednesday, August, 19 and 7.30am on Thursday, August 20.
Police say entry was gained into an outbuilding.
Shane Phillips, 25, of New Street, Stradbroke, was subsequently arrested on Friday August 21 and taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
A number of lawn mowers were also recovered.
You may also want to watch:
Phillips was subsequently charged with burglary and for breaching a bail condition in relation to a separate incident.
He appeared before Norwich Magistrates’ Court on Saturday August 22 and is next due to appear at Great Yarmouth Magistrates’ Court on October 21.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 5 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 8 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 9 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 10 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash