Snape: Orchestra accompanies Paralympic flame arrival
A TALENTED group of musicians will accompany the arrival of the Paralympic flame in Suffolk.
The British Paraorchestra, featuring world-class musicians with disabilities, will showcase their talents in Snape on Saturday, August 25.
The orchestra will share the stage with the flame just days before the start of the Games on August 29.
Created by conductor Charles Hazlewood, the thirteen-strong orchestra, drawn from across the UK, will perform at Snape Maltings Concert Hall from 7.30pm, bringing together specially composed jazz, classical, Indian and modern music in celebration of Olympic and Paralympic spirit.
The Paralympic flame arrives in Snape at 5.30pm and will be on stage throughout the concert. Audience members can be pictured with the flame before and after the performance.
You may also want to watch:
Zoe Newson, a Team GB powerlifter from Suffolk, said: “It’s a real coup for the county and I would urge everybody to take the opportunity to experience these extraordinarily talented musicians play.”
Jonathan Reekie, chief executive of Aldeburgh Music, added: “I’m certain their performance will be one of the highlights of our Proms season.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 3 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 4 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 5 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 6 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 7 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 9 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw
- 10 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
Tickets start at �6.50 and are available from the box office on 01728 687110 or via firstname.lastname@example.org. Find out more at aldeburgh.co.uk.