GALLERY: See the snow falling across Suffolk and Essex
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
Snow fell across Suffolk and north Essex this morning – take a look at our gallery of pictures from both counties.
Many places in Suffolk and north Essex, including Braintree, Colchester, Halstead, Bury St Edmunds, Long Melford, Sudbury and Ipswich, experienced snow this morning, and a Met Office yellow weather warning for rain and snow was in place until 10am.
The warning was in place for the west of Suffolk, and parts of north Essex.
Speaking this morning, Dan Holley, Weatherquest forecaster, tweeted: “Rain has turned to wet snow in parts of Essex, Hertfordshire and south Cambridgeshire so far, and this risk will extend northwards into west Suffolk, west Norfolk and north/north east Cambridgeshire through this morning. Some slushy accumulations of 1-5cm will be possible in this zone.”
MORE: Will Suffolk see snow as wintry showers hit before the weekend?The conditions led to difficult travel conditions due to both surface water and possible slushy accumulations.
But the rain, sleet and snow cleared through the morning, paving the way for some brighter but breezier conditions in the afternoon with some isolated showers.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Highways also sent its teams out to treat the roads following the change in forecast.
The authority said: “Due to a change in forecast this morning, our teams are now getting ready to treat priority one routes across the county. Snow is forecast in parts, please drive safe and to the conditions.”
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 8 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
Send your pictures to email@example.com