GALLERY: See the snow falling across Suffolk and Essex
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
Snow fell across Suffolk and north Essex this morning – take a look at our gallery of pictures from both counties.
Many places in Suffolk and north Essex, including Braintree, Colchester, Halstead, Bury St Edmunds, Long Melford, Sudbury and Ipswich, experienced snow this morning, and a Met Office yellow weather warning for rain and snow was in place until 10am.
The warning was in place for the west of Suffolk, and parts of north Essex.
Speaking this morning, Dan Holley, Weatherquest forecaster, tweeted: “Rain has turned to wet snow in parts of Essex, Hertfordshire and south Cambridgeshire so far, and this risk will extend northwards into west Suffolk, west Norfolk and north/north east Cambridgeshire through this morning. Some slushy accumulations of 1-5cm will be possible in this zone.”
MORE: Will Suffolk see snow as wintry showers hit before the weekend?The conditions led to difficult travel conditions due to both surface water and possible slushy accumulations.
But the rain, sleet and snow cleared through the morning, paving the way for some brighter but breezier conditions in the afternoon with some isolated showers.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Highways also sent its teams out to treat the roads following the change in forecast.
The authority said: “Due to a change in forecast this morning, our teams are now getting ready to treat priority one routes across the county. Snow is forecast in parts, please drive safe and to the conditions.”
- 1 Car catches fire outside Morrisons store in Ipswich
- 2 Parents 'distraught' after teenage boy is violently assaulted in Chantry
- 3 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 4 Campaign against two more solar farms gathers strength in Suffolk villages
- 5 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 6 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 7 Ipswich consider striker signing after Hawkins undergoes surgery
- 8 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 9 Suffolk Covid rates declining, but increased deaths expected
- 10 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
Send your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org