Snow flurries expected to continue across the county into the evening
- Credit: Archant
Snow and sleet showers will affect East Anglia later today and overnight which could lead to some travel disruption across the region.
A yellow weather warning for snow and ice is in place for the east between 3pm today and 9.30am tomorrow but flurries coming in from the sea have already started to fall across the county.
The warning also covers that untreated surfaces may become icy.
The expected band of sleet and snow will turn more showery overnight, although some heavier bursts could cause up to 1-4cm of snow in places.
Chris Bell, forecaster with Norwich-based Weatherquest, said: “Overnight there is a chance we could see some snow.
You may also want to watch:
“It is more likely in the northern parts of Suffolk, but overnight there is a chance that snow could fall anywhere across Suffolk and Norfolk.
“We could see a few centimetres of snow in places by midnight.”
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 5 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 6 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 7 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 8 'Poor' infection control at care home sees used Covid test swab left in pile of clean PPE
- 9 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 10 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
If you have any photos of the snow then please send them to email@example.com