Snowy scenes captured by photographers in Southwold
- Credit: Archant
It’s snowing in Southwold – and excited residents have snapped photographs showing a light dusting of the white stuff.
Saint Felix School tweeted an image showing a blanket of snow covering their grounds in Halesworth Road, Reydon.
Jeremy Reeve also shared a snap of St Edmunds Church in the town.
Weather experts believe there is a chance snow will fall in other parts of East Anglia today as the region is gripped by a cold snap.
Coastal communities are most likely to see snowfall, with north-westerly Arctic winds and wintry showers expected.
You may also want to watch:
Temperatures are currently 0C in most parts of the region, while Southwold and Felixstowe are seeing the mercury drop to -1C and -2C.
Weatherquest forecaster Phil Garner has warned wintry showers are more likely from Thursday into Friday.
- 1 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 3 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 6 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 7 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
- 8 Military helicopter recovered after emergency landing in field
- 9 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
He added: “We are continuing to see showers feeding in from the north, and some will be wintry.
“We will get some fairly cold air from the northerly wind today.
“Some showers could be particularly wintry and I suspect for today it’s more ice than snow hazard.
“Today we have got further showers and some could be falling sleet or snow this evening into Friday morning.”