Snow on the way as temperatures set to plummet
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
Despite mild temperatures throughout the beginning of the week, it looks like Suffolk could get another dusting of snow as cold weather from Siberia blows in.
Today through until Friday the county is predicted warm weather as rainy showers sweep the region with highs of between 8C and 11C.
However, on Saturday temperatures will drop to highs of 5C during the daytime before drastically dropping in the night.
Sunday is then set for highs of just 2C before a predicted snowfall at night. Residents could be waking up to a white landscape if flurries arrive as planned at around 5.30am.
From Monday onwards cold winds will be ripping through the region causing lows as cold as -5C next week.
You may also want to watch:
Weatherquest meteorologist Adam Dury explained where the cold front has come from and how likely it is to cause snow for Suffolk.
He said: "The snow is nothing to do with New York, it's pressure from the north in Scandinavia and Siberia.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 3 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 4 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 6 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 7 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 10 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs
"It is beginning in Scotland and then it will be a case of waiting to see if it reaches Suffolk as snow or rain.
"There's a chance we could get potentially a fair bit of snow between Sunday night and Monday, but we are not sure yet it will fully be snow or rain."