It’s snow joke - the first few flakes have fallen
- Credit: Janice Poulson
Snow has started to fall in parts of the region with flakes landing in Finningham, Framlingham and Bury St Edmunds.
Social media users have started posting pictures and videos of the snow flurries they have experienced this morning.
The first reports of flakes falling was in Bury St Edmunds and parts of west Suffolk.
Since then we have seen it has travelled to Finningham, Framlingham and Essex.
Despite the wintery start it isn’t expected to settle.
Dan Holley from Weatherquest tweeted this morning: “EAST: Wintry mix this morning with outbreaks of rain, sleet and snow gradually clearing - struggling to settle.
“By the afternoon wintry showers mainly confined to Norfolk and Suffolk, where very locally we may see 1-3cm - mainly this evening. Most places won’t have lying snow.”
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 5 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 6 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 7 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 8 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 9 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 10 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143
It will be a day for your hat and scarf with temperatures not expected to exceed 5C.