It’s snow joke - the first few flakes have fallen
- Credit: Janice Poulson
Snow has started to fall in parts of the region with flakes landing in Finningham, Framlingham and Bury St Edmunds.
Social media users have started posting pictures and videos of the snow flurries they have experienced this morning.
The first reports of flakes falling was in Bury St Edmunds and parts of west Suffolk.
Since then we have seen it has travelled to Finningham, Framlingham and Essex.
Despite the wintery start it isn’t expected to settle.
You may also want to watch:
Dan Holley from Weatherquest tweeted this morning: “EAST: Wintry mix this morning with outbreaks of rain, sleet and snow gradually clearing - struggling to settle.
“By the afternoon wintry showers mainly confined to Norfolk and Suffolk, where very locally we may see 1-3cm - mainly this evening. Most places won’t have lying snow.”
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 7 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 9 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
It will be a day for your hat and scarf with temperatures not expected to exceed 5C.