Snow set to hit Suffolk
SUFFOLK woke to a miserable down pour of rain today, as snow continues to make its way across the region.
SUFFOLK awoke to a miserable downpour of rain today, as snow continues to make its way across the region.
A mixture of rain and snow is expected to continue through most of the day, with temperatures remaining low at 4C.
Forecasters today predicted that the dull spell would continue for most of the week.
Steve Western, a forecaster for WeatherQuest, said: “Some of Suffolk has already had snow this morning, and other areas are likely to get some today as it makes its way across from other areas.
You may also want to watch:
“The snow is not expected to accumulate and it probably won't settle - but temp
“Over the course of the next few days there is likely to still be a mixture of snow, sleet and rain - the weather will remain wet and unsettled for most of the week.”
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 3 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 4 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 5 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 6 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 7 Busy high street taped off by police
- 8 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
The rain has caused flooding in other parts of East Anglia, with Essex Fire Service being called to two incidents involving cars stuck in flood water.