Snowy start to the day in Essex and Suffolk as forecasters predict continuing cold weather
- Credit: citizenside.com
More snow hit the region this morning as flurries swept across Essex and Suffolk around rush hour.
In mid-Essex some of the snow settled leaving towns and villages covered with around one centimetre of snow.
First Buses warned of delays around the county caused by the icy conditions and some road accidents.
Flurries also passed through Suffolk but quickly turned to sleet and rain.
Forecasters are predicting continued cold weather for the rest of the day, with temperatures unlikely to rise above 3C (37f) today before dipping to around freezing overnight.
You may also want to watch:
However the mercury is set to continue to rise from tomorrow through to the weekend with generally improved weather, with the chance of some rain on Sunday in Essex.
Send in your snowy pictures to email@example.com.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 3 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 4 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 5 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 6 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 7 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 8 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 9 Lorry driver charged after £8.5m cocaine seizure
- 10 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth