Soap star faces drink drive claim
EASTENDERS star Jessie Wallace has appeared in court accused of drink-driving.Wallace, 31, who plays Kat Slater in the TV show, went before Chelmsford Magistrates' Court yesterday for a pre-trial hearing of her case.
EASTENDERS star Jessie Wallace has appeared in court accused of drink-driving.
Wallace, 31, who plays Kat Slater in the TV show, went before Chelmsford Magistrates' Court yesterday for a pre-trial hearing of her case.
It is alleged she was one-and-a-half times over the drink-drive limit when police stopped her Mercedes car last month.
The star, who appeared under her real name, Karen Wallace, arrived at court dressed in a black suit, black and white shirt and boots.
You may also want to watch:
Magistrates rejected an application for her address to be withheld.
The court heard that on her first appearance in court on March 20, magistrates rejected a similar application and that the reporting of the address was already in the public domain.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 3 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 4 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 5 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 7 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 10 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
Wallace, spoke only to confirm her name and address of Silver Road, Wanstead, East London.
At her first appearance she pleaded not guilty to the drink-driving charge.
The hearing was adjourned for a pre-trial review on August 5, which Wallace will have to attend.
A trial is due to take place on September 5 at Witham Magistrates' Court.
Wallace's unconditional bail was extended by the court.
The actress left the court through a side entrance and was driven away in a police car.
A BBC spokeswoman said Wallace would return to television screens playing her role of Kat Slater on Monday following a two-month suspension.
She said: "She's back after suspension and her status is that she's working on the show again."
The spokeswoman said Wallace was suspended in January and February for "breach of contract”.
The spokeswoman refused to comment further on the details of the suspension.
"That's between us and her.”