Soap stars show their football skills
SOAP fans joined football supporters yesterday as a team of television stars took on a local Sunday league side.The cast of Channel 4 soap Hollyoaks yesterday returned to Bury St Edmunds for the third consecutive year when they took on local division two Sunday league side the Bennett Arms.
SOAP fans joined football supporters yesterday as a team of television stars took on a local Sunday league side.
The cast of Channel 4 soap Hollyoaks yesterday returned to Bury St Edmunds for the third consecutive year when they took on local division two Sunday league side the Bennet Arms.
Stars, including Nick Pickard, who plays Tony, and his real-life and on-screen brother John (Dom), took part in the eagerly contested clash and later posed for pictures and autographs with starstruck fans.
The match, played at Bury Town's Ram Meadow stadium, raised money for the Bury-based Priory Special School and was sponsored by town firm Frames Conservatories Direct.
You may also want to watch:
The company's managing director Adrian Lewis said: “We wanted people to come along to not only see the soap stars in action but also raise money for such a worthy cause.
“All cash collected on the day will go towards new equipment and facilities for the Priory School which caters for children with learning difficulties.
- 1 Matchday Live: Four goals in a busy first half
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 5 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 6 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 7 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 8 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 9 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's
- 10 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
“The reason we continue to be involved in sponsoring the event is that we all live locally and are committed to helping and enhancing the region.”
The crowd were also entertained by a hit the crossbar challenge followed by a raffle and post match presentation.