Sold out Winter showcase highlights talents of musicians at One sixth form in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Musicians at One sixth form in Ipswich have taken part in a sold-out Winter showcase event for charity.
More than 100 students performed in the annual showcase event, which featured solo performers, ensembles, bands and choirs performing a host of different styles.
One student, Jess Simmons, penned a song for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices, with the event raising £244 for the cause.
Head of curriculum for media and performing arts, Lois Hinsley, said: “This occasion is a great way to end the year.
“It gives our talented students a platform to show a packed audience what they can do.
You may also want to watch:
“The performers were marked on their performances during the show which gives this an education slant but overall, this was more of an opportunity for an audience to witness some of the amazing talent that we have here at One.”
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 4 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 8 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 9 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 10 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light