Sold out Winter showcase highlights talents of musicians at One sixth form in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Musicians at One sixth form in Ipswich have taken part in a sold-out Winter showcase event for charity.
More than 100 students performed in the annual showcase event, which featured solo performers, ensembles, bands and choirs performing a host of different styles.
One student, Jess Simmons, penned a song for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices, with the event raising £244 for the cause.
Head of curriculum for media and performing arts, Lois Hinsley, said: “This occasion is a great way to end the year.
“It gives our talented students a platform to show a packed audience what they can do.
“The performers were marked on their performances during the show which gives this an education slant but overall, this was more of an opportunity for an audience to witness some of the amazing talent that we have here at One.”
- 1 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 2 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 3 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's Bolton loss
- 4 Teenage girl grabbed by man in seaside town
- 5 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 6 Investigations continue after car crashed into home
- 7 Motorist was three times the drink drive limit in Stowmarket
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Luton join race for £13k a week Walton
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-0 Bolton loss
- 10 McKenna on Walton, Bonne and signing a new defender after Nsiala exit