Some rides closed at Pleasurewood Hills due to high winds
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2010
Some of the rides at Pleasurewood Hills will be closed today due to high winds, the popular theme park has announced.
A spell of "persistent and sustained" high winds of up to 60mph will hit the region today - causing some disruption in Suffolk and north Essex.
The gusty winds are expected to strengthen around 11am and last until 4pm, according to forecasters.
The theme park, which is located off the A47 between Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth, said thrill rides The Jolly Roger, Wipeout, Fireball, and Marble Madness will be closed along with the chairlifts.
A spokesman for the theme park said it hoped the rides would re-open tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "We monitor the wind speeds very closely and as soon as we can open the rides, we will. Hopefully that will be tomorrow."
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 4 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 5 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 6 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 7 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 8 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 9 Over 4,000 people test positive for Covid with cases continuing to rise
- 10 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game