Suffolk schoolgirl and BGT semi-finalist records song for Mother's Day
- Credit: Binu Nair
An 11-year-old schoolgirl from Bury St Edmunds - who made it to the semi-final of Britain's Got Talent and stole the hearts of the judges - has written her first ever song for Mother's Day.
Souparnika Nair, a pupil at Sebert Wood Community Primary School, has released the short greeting song, dedicating it to her mum Renjitha Nair and all other mothers across the world.
Souparnika impressed judges Simon Cowell, David Walliams, Alesha Dixon and Amanda Holden when she performed on the hit talent show back in September last year, narrowly missing out on a space in the show's final.
Now she has written her very first song, aged 11, and has shared it with people online.
"I am really happy with it," said Souparnika, who has been singing and recording songs to share with her thousands of fans on YouTube.
"I have wanted to write a song and with Mother's Day coming up it felt like the right time."
The song is a short greeting tune which Souparnika wrote herself, along with the tune.
Guitarist Adam from the Band Academy in Stowmarket accompanied her on the guitar.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 4 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 5 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 7 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 8 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 9 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs
- 10 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
The song includes the lyrics "you are the light that makes me shine" and "you are what makes me whole".
Now Souparnika, who also starred in BBC One’s Michael McIntyre’s Big Show and ITVs BGT Christmas Show, plans to write some more songs after trying her hand at song writing.