What are your memories of the South Suffolk Show?
- Credit: ANDY ABBOTT 12/5/2002
The South Suffolk Show is cancelled for the second year running - but there are plenty of pictures to enjoy from years past.
Organisers from the South Suffolk Agricultural Association had to cancel one of the biggest events on the county's farming calendar in 2021, due to the impact of the coronavirus pandemic.
Held annually on the second Sunday in May at Ampton Racecourse, near Bury St Edmunds, the show - which is in its 133rd year - was due to be held on May 9.
The South Suffolk Agricultural Association plans to bring it back on May 8, 2022.
The show usually has everything from woodcarvers in action, farriers at work, birds of prey and the Sheep Road Show.
You may also want to watch:
It also has tempting treats in its food hall and rides and events for all the family.
Our gallery has captured some of those activities over the years.
To order copies of photos, visit archantsuffolk.newsprints.co.uk or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 2 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 3 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 4 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 7 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 8 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 9 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift
- 10 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
What are your memories of the South Suffolk Show? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.