Days Gone By: Is the South Suffolk Show one of your favourite events?
The date has already been fixed for next summer’s South Sufolk Show – and it’s fingers crossed that one of the county’s best-loved events can return.
Like all the other big occasions this year, the show – staged at Ampton Racecourse, near Bury St Edmunds – had to be cancelled because of the coronavirus pandemic.
Organisers have set Sunday, May 9 as the date for 2021 and are already planning the attractions for the one-day agricultural show.
The event is staged on a 90-acre site and features a wide range of livestock classes – including cattle, pigs and sheep, and horses – and a grand ring packed with special attractions as well as traditional countryside events. In addition there are displays of vintage farm machinery, plus arts and crafts, food hall, shopping, and children’s entertainment.
Our gallery here captures some of those activities over the years.
You may also want to watch:
What are your memories of the South Suffolk Show? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Judy Rimmer, Newsroom, 120 Princes Street, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP1 1RS.
To order copies of photos, visit archantsuffolk.newsprints.co.uk, or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 4 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 5 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 6 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 7 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 8 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 9 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 10 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up