South Woodham Ferrers: Murder appeal after man’s body found at cannabis factory
POLICE investigating the death of a man found at a cannabis factory in Essex are trying to establish his identity.
The body was found at an industrial unit in Redhills, South Woodham Ferrers, near Chelmsford yesterday. The unit was also found to house a substantial cannabis factory.
Detective Chief Inspector Mark Hall, who is leading the murder investigation, said: “Our priority at this time is to identify the deceased man who is believed to be South East Asian, possibly Vietnamese and who owns, rents or leases the premises.
“We also would like to hear from local businesses if they have information about people or vehicles visiting the premises.”
The factory was heavily modified with accommodation and growing areas for plants on two floors. It is described as “a significant, well organised, commercial enterprise”.
You may also want to watch:
A post mortem is expected to take place this afternoon.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Brentwood Major Crime office on 0300 333 4444.
- 1 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 4 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 5 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 6 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 7 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 8 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 10 Town set to learn Carabao Cup and Papa John's Trophy opponents