South Woodham Ferrers: Takeaway driver held-up by masked robber
- Credit: Archant
A delivery driver was robbed at gunpoint when he was lured to an Essex street with a bogus Chinese food order.
The incident happened in Middleton Row, South Woodham Ferrers, at about 10pm on Saturday.
The 26-year-old male local victim, was threatened by a man dressed in black, wearing a balaclava, who had a gun which the victim thinks may not have been real. He was struck round the neck with the pistol and left with a minor injury.
The suspect stole his wallet, containing a small sum of cash, and his car keys, which were later found nearby by a member of the public.
The suspect is described as 20-25 and of mixed heritage. Police believe he may be local, as he seemed to know the nearby alleyway and area when he ran from the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who was in the area or has any information about the suspect is urged to contact detectives at Chelmsford CID on 101 or via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 3 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 10 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs