Southend: Moped rider killed in head-on collision
A MOTORCYCLIST has been killed and another is fighting for his life following a road crash in Southend.
The head-on collision happened when a red Vesper moped struck a blue Yamaha YZF at the junction of The Candlemakers and Journeymans Way shortly before 9.30pm last night.
The moped rider, a 55-year-old man from Southend, was certified dead at the scene.
The blue motorcycle rider, a 22-year-old man from the Rayleigh area, sustained multiple injuries and was conveyed by paramedics to Royal London Hospital where he is currently in a critical, life-threatening condition.
The blue motorcycle’s pillion passenger, a 20-year-old man also from the Rayleigh area, was taken by paramedics to Royal London Hospital too. He is currently in a stable condition.
You may also want to watch:
A section of the road was closed for approximately six hours while forensic collision investigators carried out their enquiries and debris was cleared from the road.
Anyone with information in connection with this road crash is urged to contact Essex Police’s Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101 or they can e-mail the team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 4 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 5 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 8 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 9 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 10 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children