Southend: Tributes to men who died in bike collision
Police have named two men who died following a collision in Southend on August 16.
Anthony Pendrey, 55, of Sutton Road, Southend, died at the scene of the collision at the junction of The Candlemakers and Journeymans Way.
His scooter was in collision with a blue motorcycle being ridden by a 22-year-old Michael Denley and his pillion passenger, aged 20.
Mr Denley, of Coombes Grove, Rochford, died on Saturday, August 18. The pillion passenger received serious injuries.
James Pendrey, father of Anthony, or Tony as he was known, called him “a dear son, brother, uncle, and friend to everyone that knew him”. He added: “He was currently unemployed and enjoyed computers, the internet, music especially playing the guitar and watching films.
You may also want to watch:
In tribute to Mr Denley, known as Mikey, his family said: “Mikey wasn’t just a son to Alan and Lisa, a brother to Kaylie, Cheri and Lucie or a boyfriend to Chelsea. He was a caring, wonderful young man, who had his life cut short.
“Mikey loved to wind his family and friends up, and most of the time he knew when to stop.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 6 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 7 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 8 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 9 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 10 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
“He had a great sense of humour and was always up for banter.
“Mikey was determined and courageous in everything he took part in. He loved his boxing as much as his bike and representing England in Denmark for Canvey Boxing Club.
“He will be sadly missed by all his family and his army of friends.”
Inquests into both deaths have been opened. Police continue to appeal for witnesses to contact them on 101 or email email@example.com