Oh yes it is! Southwold to stage its first professional panto
- Credit: Archant
It may still be August - but rehearsals are already under way for a festive production believed to be Southwold’s first professional pantomime.
Production firm GDCreatives is putting on Jack and the Beanstalk at Southwold Arts Centre between December 22 and 27 this year.
The creative team is currently in the process of putting together a script, costumes and scenery for the performance in one of the UK's most popular seaside towns.
Director Gavin Dean said: "Southwold has always been a favourite place to visit with the family - there's something so unique but traditional about it, which really suits our style of pantomime.
"We began talks with management at the arts centre in December last year and having visited the venue in January, we knew it was the right place for us.
You may also want to watch:
"The work that has been done there is more than impressive.
"With new tiered seating and an up to date sound and light system being installed this year, we hope our pantomime can not only improve footfall but increase visitor awareness to this great asset to the town."
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 6 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 7 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 8 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 9 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years
- 10 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
People can get a behind the scenes peek of the preparations by following @Southwoldpanto on Facebook.