Southwold: Blaze fills beach home with smoke
SOUTHWOLD: Smoke filled the ground floor of a beachside home following a living room blaze.
The fire broke out at a house in North Road, Southwold, just before 10.50pm last night.
No one was hurt in the fire, but the entire ground floor of the building was smoke logged and needed to be ventilated before it was safe to return to.
A fire crew from the seaside town were joined by colleagues from Wrentham at the scene.
The source of the blaze was quickly located in the living room and put out but firefighters stayed on scene for around an hour to make the area safe.