Southwold: Pier evacuated after fire fears
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk seaside attraction was evacuated today amid fears of a fire.
Visitors were directed away from Southwold Pier this morning following a smoke detector fault.
Peter Webstile, operations manager at the pier said: “It was only evacuated for safety reasons.
“It was an extremely smooth evacuation.”
Emergency service crews were told to stand down after the fault was found.
You may also want to watch:
The pier is now back open.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 7 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 8 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 9 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 10 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast