Southwold: Resident treated following blaze
A resident was treated for smoke inhalation following a fire in the basement of a home in Southwold.
One fire engine from Southwold was called to a home in Marlborough Road at 4.12pm today.
On arrival crews found a small fire in a basement and used one hose reel jet to extinguish the blaze by 4.38pm.
A spokesperson for Suffolk Fire Service said that one casualty had treated for smoke inhalation following the blaze.
Crews then wore four sets of breathing apparatus to ventilate the building.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, crews were called to a home in Greenfinch Avenue in Ipswich at 4.50pm to tackle a small chimney fire.
One fire engine was called to the incident and crews used chimney rods to put out the blaze by 5.26pm.
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 8 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 9 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence
- 10 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune