Speedway boss hails Super7even Series
BRITISH Speedway chairman Peter Toogood has labelled this year's Super7even series a massive success.Toogood was on hand to present the Elite League Best Pairs trophy to Poole after their dramatic win at Eastbourne in the fifth event of the year.
BRITISH Speedway chairman Peter Toogood has labelled this year's Super7even series a massive success.
Toogood was on hand to present the Elite League Best Pairs trophy to Poole after their dramatic win at Eastbourne in the fifth event of the year.
And going into the respective league individual championships at Sheffield in September and Coventry on October, Toogood has revealed some encouraging news.
He said: “The series has been very well attended by fans throughout the country so far and as a sport we have to be delighted with that.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to thank the supporters for their backing of the five events to date, most of which have seen increased attendance levels on last year.
“Now we have the Premier League Riders' Championship to look forward to at Sheffield on September 27 and that's an event which is always well attended.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 5 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 6 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
- 9 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 10 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
“And I would like to congratulate Eastbourne on a successful staging of the Elite League Pairs. It also came over superbly on TV.”
In an additional major event, Coventry host the Grand Prix Challenge on Friday, September 18, with the top three riders securing a GP spot in the 2010 series. The action starts at 8pm.
Super 7even Series 2009
British U21 Final: Lakeside - Lewis Bridger
British Final: Poole - Chris Harris
Premier League Pairs: Somerset - Birmingham
Premier League Fours: Workington - Workington
Elite League Pairs: Eastbourne - Poole
Premier League Riders' Championship: Sheffield, Sunday September 27
Elite League Riders' Championship: Coventry, Friday October 2
Plus: 2009 Grand Prix Challenge: Coventry, Friday September 18