Giant slide among inflatables at new splash-themed obstacle course
- Credit: MIROSLAV ZARUBA/EACH
A huge slide and wobbly floating bridge are among inflatable obstacles at a new fun run in Bury St Edmunds.
Featuring foam, water and five challenges, East Anglia's Children's Hospices latest fundraiser, Splash Out, is coming to Nowton Park this summer.
Obstacles featured at the event, on July 12, include:
- Treacherous tunnels, through which people run and slide on their bellies
- Dive to victory, which includes fences participants can take a running leap over
You may also want to watch:
- A giant ball pit, with more than 10,000 balls floating in it
- Slide and splash, a foamy obstacle into a tank of water
- 1 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 2 'I absolutely want to be part of it' - Skipper Chambers on Cook and his Town future
- 3 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 4 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 5 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Town linked with Feyenoord defender as Edwards 'attracts interest'
- 7 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 8 Paul Cook's takeover worry and why he cancelled today's pre-match press conference
- 9 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 10 Careless driver who caused fatal crash is jailed
- Giant stepping stones
Billie Race, events fundraiser for the Suffolk area, said: "We're hoping to pool off a splash-tastic fundraiser.
"This isn't a race, so participants can walk, jog or run, and even bypass obstacles if necessary.
"The price of your ticket includes a Splash Out T-shirt, medal and full access to our event village, with food and drink, stalls and activities to make it a proper family day out.
"This event is backed by an experienced events team, so it should go just swimmingly."
How can I get involved?
Tickets are priced at £16 for those aged over 16, and £9 for children, who must be at least four years old to take part and accompanied by paying adults.
Family tickets, for two adults and two children, are £45.
Tickets for teams of six adults or more are £14 per person - prices will go up one month before the event.
How do I sign up?
Participants will set off in waves starting at 10.30am on July 12.
Head to the EACH Splash Out website to secure tickets.