Sponsored content: How do you know the financial advice you are being offered really adds up?
- Credit: Archant
Accountants are there to offer professional, up-to-date, expert advice on all things finance related.
Not all accountants, however, are providing that. Accountancy is a completely unregulated profession.
Keith Senior, a director at Jacobs Allen Chartered Accountants & Chartered Tax Advisors, said: “Anyone but anyone can set themselves up in business and call themselves an accountant.”
To ensure the advice you receive is of the highest calibre, he recommends seeking out an accountant who is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales (ICAEW). And if it’s business advice you need, look out for those offering the ICAEW Business Advisory Service (BAS), which he champions in the East of England.
ICAEW members will be recognised by either the suffixes ACA or FCA, have undergone a minimum of three years training, including practical experience, and have professional indemnity insurance.
You may also want to watch:
“The main distinction is the training that they have to go through in order to reach the position they are in,” explained Mr Senior. “And the ongoing training required of them to maintain that standard of skill.
Most importantly, chartered accountants are bound by a Code of Ethics which ensures their professionalism and responsibility to their clients.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 3 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 4 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 5 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 6 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 7 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 8 Historic East Anglian sailing barge to become floating bakery
- 9 Snape Maltings launches two new restaurants with far-reaching river views
- 10 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
Choosing the right accountancy firm will give you the peace of mind that you are paying the right level of tax whilst being fully compliant with the latest Government rulings.
Mr Senior added: “We are proud to be chartered accountants and chartered tax advisors.”
“It matters a great deal that we get on board with new legislation, and convert that to more meaningful and understandable advice to pass onto our clients.”
To speak to a chartered accountant at Jacobs Allen, who have offices in Bury St Edmunds and Haverhill, call 01284 704260 or visit their website