Holiday company to back monthly Farmers’ Market
- Credit: Archant
A monthly Farmers’ Market has received sponsorship from a holiday company in Suffolk.
The event in Bury St Edmunds, set up in 2017 and run buy Suffolk Market Events, has partnered up with Suffolk Cottage Holidays, for this year.
Held on the second Sunday of the month in The Traverse, with the first one for 2019 set to take place on February 10, between 10am and 3pm, it regularly attracts over 30 stalls offering local artisan food and drink.
Suffolk Cottage Holidays is keen to expand its portfolio through West Suffolk and its general manager Julian Brackenbury said: “We are delighted to be partnering with Suffolk Market Events and supporting the Bury Farmers Market.
“We know how much our regular holiday cottage customers enjoy visiting authentic local markets in Suffolk as part of their experience so it is great to be able to help sustain one of the best markets in the area.”
And Justine Paul, the founder of Suffolk Market Events, added: “We know how much the experience of visiting an authentic quality market can increase the enjoyment of a town visit by locals and visitors alike.
“This commitment by Suffolk Cottage Holidays really demonstrates how a local business is supporting a key asset of any thriving market town. Suffolk Cottage Holidays does much to promote the quality of Suffolk as a tourism destination and we are delighted to be working with them in Bury.”
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 4 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 5 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 6 A12 blocked following two vehicle crash
- 7 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 8 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village
- 9 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 10 Suffolk beauty spots ranked among best in UK