Sports centre to reopen after flooding
A SPORTS centre is set to reopen today after closing due to flooding.
Northgate Sports Centre in Sidegate Lane West shut yesterday morning after staff discovered a burst water main in a storeroom had caused flooding overnight.
The recreational centre is set to reopen from 12pm today.
Ipswich Borough Council’s Operations Manager for Sport, Tim Snook, said staff were taking bookings this morning for use this afternoon.
Flooding affected parts of the centre, including the practice hall, gymnasium, reception, the foyer and office.
You may also want to watch:
The leak also destroyed one computer and the office carpet.
Mr Snook added: “I would like to thank everyone for their hard work in getting things running again so quickly, especially the caretakers from Northgate High School who came along to lend us a hand.”
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 3 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 4 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 5 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 8 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 9 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day