Sproughton: Fresh plea for witnesses to fatal crash
- Credit: Archant
POLICE investigating a fatal road crash on the A14 at Sproughton are renewing their appeal for information.
Officers were called to the scene at around 10.20pm on December 24 following a report that a number of horses were loose on the road and four vehicles had been involved in a collision.
A 23-year-old man, Thomas Allen from Soham was taken to Ipswich Hospital with life threatening injuries and sadly died on Christmas day.
Three horses also died as a result of the collision.
Police have spoken to a number of witnesses but are still keen to hear from anyone who has not yet come forward. They would like to hear from anyone who had seen the horses in the area or was driving along the road either prior to or when the collision happened.
You may also want to watch:
Calls should be made to PC Allie Cotton at the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
A 26-year-old Ipswich man arrested on suspicion of causing danger to road users has been bailed pending further enquiries and will return to the Martlesham Police Investigation Centre on February 28.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 6 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 7 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market