St Barnabas care home in Southwold offers day-care to help town’s older community
- Credit: Archant
A charity run care home in a Suffolk town with one of the UK’s eldest populations is opening to day-care visitors to help combat isolation.
St Barnabas care home in Southwold says it wants visitors to enjoy “friendly day-care in a home from home environment”.
Pat, the first visitor, said: “I wake up in the morning and think, ‘how lovely, it is my St Barnabas day’”.
The home offers views of Southwold harbour and is close to the town centre. It has created a space for five day care visitors. Guests can meet other residents, take lunch and entertainment, as well as receive basic care needs.
Sir Ricahrd Dales, of St Barnabas, said: “St Barnabas is very dear to our local community, it has existed for nearly 120 years, and this day-care facility is an incredibly important service for the people of Southwold, where over half of the residents now are elderly.”
You may also want to watch:
Fees are based on a fixed day-rate.
Visit the St Barnabas website for more information.
- 1 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 2 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 5 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 6 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 7 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 8 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 9 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 10 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash