St Helena Hospice volunteers thanked for their efforts
- Credit: Archant
Hospice volunteers, including a group with 300 years’ service between them, were celebrated for their hard work and dedication at a tea party event.
Gardeners, drivers, therapists, receptionists and a whole host of other volunteers who help to run St Helena Hospice were rewarded with the thank you event at Colchester Town Hall.
Guests were welcomed by a magician before enjoying a high tea and 1940s-style music from the Vintage Lipstick Ladies.
Among those recognised at the event were 10 volunteers who have each given 30 years’ service to the hospice: Geraldine Parker, Carol Drage, Dorothy Hewitt, Rita Pincombe, Dianne Couch, Jill Jarvis, Elizabeth Cooke, Pat Kitching, Beryl Hutley and Pat Nicholls.
Mark Jarman-Howe, chief executive of the hospice, and chairman of the trustee board Peter Vergo gave speeches thanking the volunteers for all of their efforts.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Jarman-Howe said: “The Volunteers’ Day was a real success.
“It was great to see so many volunteers from across the organisation and to be able to thank them for everything they contribute to the hospice.
- 1 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 4 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 5 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 6 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 7 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 8 Person taken to hospital after two-car crash
- 9 What has changed in Woodbridge over lockdown?
- 10 Suffolk pensioner exposed to asbestos for up to 30 years as carpenter
“The value of volunteers is priceless and without the time and effort they give we would be unable to provide the invaluable care and support to our patients.”
Mandy Fox, St Helena Hospice human resources’ volunteer officer, who helped to organise the event, added: “The feedback so far has been very positive, especially about the food.
“We are really pleased with the amount of volunteers who have attended and hope that everyone had a fantastic day.”
St Helena Hospice currently has a number of volunteer vacancies which can be found on their website at www.sthelenahospice.org.uk/volunteer.