Fire breaks out at former school
- Credit: Google Maps
A fire has broken out in a derelict building at the former St Louis Middle School, in Bury St Edmunds.
Two fire crews have been called to a fire in St Andrew’s Street, which is in a derelict building measuring 20m x 40m.
Police have also been called to the incident, as it is not clear how the blaze started.
Crews were first called just before 2pm today (Sunday November 29).
St Louis Middle School closed in 2016 but the site was then used by St Benedict’s School until 2018.
No casualties have been reported.
- 1 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 2 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 3 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 4 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 5 13 years behind bars for man who killed a dad out celebrating with family
- 6 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 7 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 8 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 9 Death of Sophie Riley was misadventure, inquest jury concludes
- 10 'I absolutely hate it' - Pigott on 'massively frustrating' start to life at Town