Man in hospital after being stabbed in town centre
- Credit: Archant
A man was stabbed in the early hours of Sunday morning outside a town centre pub.
Police were called to the High Street in Colchester at 1am on Sunday, November 17 after reports that a 21-year-old man had been stabbed.
The man was found with a wound to the chest following a disturbance outside the After Office Hours pub near to the taxi rank.
He was taken to hospital but his injury is not believed to be life-threatening at this stage.
A 20-year-old man from Colchester was arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm with intent at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
He remains in custody for questioning.
A spokesman for Essex Police said: "We are treating the attack as targeted and we must stress that while the incident happened outside After Office Hours, we do not believe this incident is linked to the venue in any way."
- 1 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 2 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 6 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 7 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 10 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
Those with any information about the incident - including mobile footage or dash cam footage - should contact Colchester CID on 101 quoting incident 70 of 17/11.
Alternatively you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 11.