Stable fire in Westerfield tackled by crews
- Credit: Archant
A blaze in a stable was tackled by firefighters yesterday afternoon.
The fire, in Westerfield, was attended by three crews, two from Princes Street and one from Ipswich East. Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service were notified of the blaze in Lower Road at 2.40pm.
Crews at the scene called for further support, with the command unit and support appliance from Woodbridge attending, due to asbestos roof sheets being involved in the fire.
Four stables and a muck heap were involved in the incident, which was tackled by firefighters wearing breathing apparatus and using hosereels.
One horse was removed to safety, and vets attended to check the horse over.
You may also want to watch:
The fire was under control by 6.57pm.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 6 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast
- 7 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 8 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 9 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 10 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies