Spate of stables burglaries hit west Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
Vet’s equipment, horse tack and fuel are some of the items stolen following a spate of burglaries at stables in Newmarket, Bury St Edmunds, Exning and Kennett.
The incidents, which all took place within a week, began in Hamilton Road< Newmarket, in the early hours of Wednesday morning, March 11. Items stolen included bags of food, clippers, a leaf blower, a quantity of fuel and a radio.
One day later, also in the early hours, another stables was targeted in the same road, where a security light, a horse tack, vet’s equipment and a torch were taken.
Two days later in Herringswell, Bury St Edmunds, around 7.15pm, two people are said to have damaged a gate, locks and door panels using “unknown items”, although nothing is said to have been stolen.
On March 15, entry was attempted at a stables in Warren Road, Kennett, around 10.30pm. Nothing was stolen however after an alarm deterred those trying to access the building.
You may also want to watch:
Lastly, on March 18, electric gates were forced open to a stables in North End Road, Exning, between 6pm and 7pm. A door to an office was then forced open, where horse tack, boots and waterproofs were stolen.
Anyone with any knowledge of the incidents, or knows the locations of any items stolen should contact Suffolk police on 101, with the following reference numbers:
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 6 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 7 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 8 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 9 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 10 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
Hamilton Road: 37/15431/20 and 37/15419/20.
No reference has been given for the Herringswell attempted burglary.