Staff at Essex bookmakers held up at knifepoint
- Credit: Archant
Staff at an Essex betting shop were threatened with a knife during a robbery yesterday.
A man went into the Coral bookies in Great Square, Braintree, around 1.30pm on bank holiday Monday and demanded money from the till.
After threatening staff with a knife, he then made off with a three-figure sum of cash.
The man has been described as white, in his mid-to-late 20s, and standing around 5ft 8in tall.
He had ginger facial hair and wore a grey hooded top with a Nike logo. He had a green ‘SPAR’ carrier bag.
Anyone with information is asked to call 101 and speak to Braintree CID, quoting reference number 588 of 28/05.
Alternatively, people can contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or use the anonymous online form at Crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 2 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 3 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 5 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 6 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 7 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 8 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets
- 9 Aston Villa loanee Louie Barry is the forgotten signing at Ipswich Town... he'll be hoping to get his chance this week
- 10 Essex Sainsbury's car park cordoned off after police incident