Savills staff swap ‘Secret Santa’ for donations to Ipswich food bank
- Credit: Archant
Staff at an Ipswich estate agent have forgone the tradition of Secret Santa and have instead opted to purchase items for an Ipswich Food Bank.
It is the fourth year in a row that Savills has donated to the cause over the festive period, with staff each spending between 35 and £10 to purchase items such as tinned goods, cooking equipment, toiletries and Christmas goodies for FIND, Families in Need.
The food bank helps families in the Ipswich area.
Sue Monks, from the Savills Ipswich office and who organised the collection, said: “It is truly heart-warming to see such support for those less fortunate.
“We are all so pleased to contribute in this way and hopefully provide some basic essential items, as well as some lovely Christmas treats, for those who seek support from FIND.
You may also want to watch:
“In total we’ve donated over £150 of goods this year and hope to carry on the tradition for years to come.”
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 10 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches