Savills staff swap ‘Secret Santa’ for donations to Ipswich food bank
- Credit: Archant
Staff at an Ipswich estate agent have forgone the tradition of Secret Santa and have instead opted to purchase items for an Ipswich Food Bank.
It is the fourth year in a row that Savills has donated to the cause over the festive period, with staff each spending between 35 and £10 to purchase items such as tinned goods, cooking equipment, toiletries and Christmas goodies for FIND, Families in Need.
The food bank helps families in the Ipswich area.
Sue Monks, from the Savills Ipswich office and who organised the collection, said: “It is truly heart-warming to see such support for those less fortunate.
“We are all so pleased to contribute in this way and hopefully provide some basic essential items, as well as some lovely Christmas treats, for those who seek support from FIND.
“In total we’ve donated over £150 of goods this year and hope to carry on the tradition for years to come.”
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 3 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 4 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 5 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 6 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 7 Police arrest driver after single car crash
- 8 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 9 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 10 Let's get physical, 'spanner in the works' and selection headaches